Monday 11 April 2011

Ooopsiedaisies!

It was such a lovely day yesterday.
The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the plan was for C to go out hacking with her friends whilst I stayed at the yard and mucked out.
I'd already had a word in Lukeys ear about what behaviour was appropriate, and the type of behaviour that would put him in the dog house. I think I'm going to have to build him a kennel after this.

Groomed and tacked up, C wanted to ride in the arena before going out.  He was a little bit forwards *ahem*, but given half an hours hard labour he'd calmed down and relaxed.



Everyone was ready, and the scene was set for a lovely ride .

Pahahahaha


Pahahahahahahaaaaaaa



So, off they went.

And 5 minutes later they were back.
That was very definitely NOT the plan.
I'd got as far as opening Lukey's stable door in order to begin mucking out, and out of the corner of my eye I spotted a horse, without his rider.
Shi! Wha? Huh?

Oh damnit.
Right! Where is he? And what's the little git done this time!?!?!

YM grabbed the loose horse, and I ran(or an approximation of) up the driveway to try to find Lukey, and make sure that C was ok.
Phew. Tis ok, C and Lukey came trotting up the road trying to find Myles(loose horse).
After establishing that she was ok, I asked the question that was uppermost on my mind. What the fook did he do? I know it was him, I can tell by the look on his face(think smug).

Apparently he'd spooked at the sound of a dog jumping into the river, done his usual spook, spin, run routine, and all 3 horses had bolted across the field. C had stayed on, and had eventually managed to pull him up to a trot. The lady riding Myles had had a fall and Myles had come home alone, and C's other friend had pulled up and got off to check on Myles' rider.

Bloody hell. Bloody, bloody hell.

After everyone had recovered, and some semblance of order restored, C took Lukey, with me walking alongside, back to the scene of the crime. He was told in no uncertain terms that he WAS going to behave, although he had another strop, stamped his feet and squealed, but didn't naff off this time, and was taken to the end of the track and back home again.

Naughty, naughty boy.
So, Lukey now has another name. Verymuchathicko will be going back out today with me onboard. He will be back on his anti naughty boy powder(agnus castus), and he will tow the bloody line.
Or else!

No comments:

Post a Comment